Dear student, you have taken the right first step in your quest of becoming a successful doctor/engineer. Welcome the world of iQuest where the opportunities are endless, where you will set high goals for yourself and we will help you achieve those and last but not the least where you will not be judged by your marks, but your passion to do well…Remember that a hill seems high only before you have begun climbing it!
Below we have shared our certain experiences and advises for you to benefit the most out of your journey.
Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. !
Dr Martin Luther King Jr
- Hard Work: Getting admission at iQuest is just the beginning. Only attending classes does not help. You need to work hard and really hard in order to achieve your goals. Remember that your success is directly proportional to your hard work! Junior students should try to study for 1-2 hours extra (apart from school and iQuest) while the senior students should study for 8-10 hours daily!
- Regularity: Your target should be to attend all the classes and give all the tests. Every single class matters. Please do not miss classes for reasons such as going to some distant relative’s function, mild illness etc. Classes should be missed only when it is absolutely urgent. In the rare case when you are absent, ensure that you have already covered the missed lecture before coming to the next class. Otherwise the next class would also go in vain.
- Trust: Have trust in your teachers. They know what is right and what is wrong and how you will improve. They will put their very best to ensure that you are able to perform at your maximum potential. So please follow whatever they ask you to do.
- Persistence: You will not achieve good scores in 1 day of hard work. Each child requires different amount of time in order to eventually do well. Do not compare yourself to others. Do not lose hope with bad marks in couple of tests. Identify your mistakes in those tests and pledge to improve them. Just keep working hard and results will follow!
- Selfish: Yes you read it right. You need to be selfish for your marks. Before doing any act, ask yourself if it helps you to score good marks. If it does, do it; if it doesn’t, don’t do it. e.g. watching TV for 30 mins to refresh yourself is helpful, but spending 3 hours on a movie is a waste of time.
- Honesty: Be honest to yourself. It might be very easy to look into your neighbor’s notebook and copy and score good marks for once, but it wont help you in the final examination.
- No distractions: Mobile phones, internet and friends are a big distraction in studies. Say no to them in class XI and XII. We are also very strict regarding the use of mobile phones in the class. Any student found doing so would be immediately sent out of the class.
- Ask doubts: Whether during the class or after the class, always clarify all your doubts. Remember that tests are always made from where there are maximum doubts!
- You should have 2 registers for each subject – CW and HW. Bring these to the class every time along with other books and study material. Prepare proper and neat class notes in the CW register and solve problems systematically in your HW register. Mark important points and questions. Highlight areas that were tough to understand. Preserve these registers till the end of the session. This would really help in the revision.